Veteran Affairs Maryland Health Care System is looking for highly qualified individuals to serve as Food Operations Manager under Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) for two locations, one in Perry Point Maryland and Loch Raven in Baltimore Maryland. Incumbent will be responsible for planning, implementing and directing all nutritional care activities for clients, including those with complex medical/nutritional needs, reports to Assistant Chief of Nutrition and Food.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides Direct Supervision for the food Service Worker Supervisors and Production Staff and overall supervision of all lower grade food services workers, while working with clinical staff.
- Works in cooperation with Management in the identification of major management initiatives as well as the provision, production, and service of high quality food and effective nutrition therapy to the Veteran population served.
- Provides oversight in the coordination of menu planning, subsistence purchases, production, and delivery of safe, high quality adequate meals.
- Shares the technical, professional and administrative responsibility with the site Manager and Chief of NFS, for planning, developing, organizing, staffing, implementing, and evaluating a functionally comprehensive nutrition programs.
- Coordinates and evaluates service compliance to VHA regulation, Central Office Directive, ADL laws, VISN guidelines, health care system policy, Union Master agreement, service procedures and all accrediting and regulatory agencies including but not limited to US Food Code, Joint Commission, OSHA, and OIG to assure optimal nutrition care of Veterans, in the continuum of care in a multidisciplinary model.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.