The purpose of this position is to perform specialized supply functions and related activities to carry out agency, region or facility pharmaceutical supply operations.
Learn more about this agency
The Inventory Management Specialist has full responsibility for managing, coordinating, controlling and purchasing a wide variety of pharmaceuticals, and medical supplies necessary to meet the daily workload requirements of the GL-
CMOP. The duties of the position include but are not limited too:
* Computes requirements for assigned items.
* Manages a program to monitor the quantities consumed by CMOP, trends, and packaging requirements and takes necessary action to adjust levels and purchases to meet these constantly changing needs.
* Prepares annual input for acquisition planning for well-established levels and types of
standard equipment and expandable supplies necessary to support the activities administrative. functions.
* Performs periodic inspections of the CMOP area and initiates any corrective actions which may be necessary to ensure adequate stock.
* Reviews, analyzes, and coordinates any established delivery schedules, purchase orders for incoming supplies, time frames for processing documents and leave scheduled
* Coordinates with warehouse receiving to develop and maintain a program that assures proper storage, handling and rotation of all items received at the CMOP
* Develops a stock rotation process to prevent outdated, expires or inactive stocks
*Uses purchase histories to continuously streamline the purchasing process, changing quantity, frequency and manufacturer as required by the current work load within the prime Vendor automated system
* Maintains appropriate receipt records and supporting documentation
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: An 8 hour shift, M-F, 6:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Authorized
Telework: Not Authorized
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Inventory Management Specialist 7/9/PD686570 and PD020100
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required