Learn more about this agency
This Position is located at 1 vacancy at Ft. Meade, MD and 1 vacancy at Quantico, VA
As a Security Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as Security Specialist, technical advisor and subject matter expert to the Security Office on all matters pertaining to the physical security, anti-terrorism, force protection, Sensitive Comparted Information Facilities (SCIF) security requirements and crime prevention programs concerned with the protection of personnel, facilities and property within the Ft. Meade Area Complex area of responsibility (AOR).
- Maintains awareness of new or developing directives, policies, guidelines or regulatory requirements from Headquarters DCSA, the Department of Defense (DoD) and Director National Intelligence (DNI) and assess and provide recommendations on their potential impact to the site.
- Formulates security plans supporting the host installation security mission area, to include anti-terrorism, force protection and counterintelligence aspects, and liaisons with local security officials and law enforcement.
- Coordinates directly with DCSA HQ Security Office as well as on-site Special Security Office (SSO) regarding security aspects of proposed construction and renovations for SCIF spaces.
- Advises on and reviews plans for proposed or new testing programs or separate projects to assure the appropriate level of security controls are considered and implemented in accordance with customer developed protection plans or guidance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.