See below for important information regarding this job.
Learn more about this agency
- Advise the development of enterprise-wide strategies in order to achieve General Fund, Working Capital Fund, and Transaction Fund full financial statements auditability.
- Serves as senior technical advisor to facilitate the end to end (E2E) business cycle design as fully synchronized with DLA's continually evolving strategic direction and transformational programs.
- Provide coordination with the Independent Public Accounting Firm, to assess observations/Notice of Findings and Recommendations (NFRs) in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to develop rationale to support ?accepting risk.
- Provide strategic advice to ensure DLA Corrective Action Plans (CAP) remediate root causes contributing to Material Weaknesses (MW), Significant Deficiencies (SD), and Control Deficiencies (CD).
- Provide audit experience to support DLA personnel in deciphering and accurately responding to auditor expectations throughout the annual audit cycle.
- Responsible for revising, designing, and adapting complex accounting and financial management system(s) for installation and implementation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.